A thought that came to me sometime last week:
So last Wednesday, after putting out the recycling, I decided to take out the bike and hit up the nearest farmer's market (located in the Whole Food's parking lot) for some groceries. Lo and behold, they weren't there that day. So, I take a gander inside Whole Foods - since the last time I was in one was by accident sophomore year - and saw there was some lemonade on sale. During checkout, the lady at the register asks what type of bag I want and I reply, "No thanks, I've got my own." I saved 5 cents on my groceries and I happily got back on my bike and headed home.
On the way, I stopped by Eastside Marketplace - a local grocery store - and picked up some fruits, which I had failed to acquire earlier. While browsing the dry foods aisle, a lady compliments my shirt, which read "What the world needs now is Love." 1.4 awkward seconds later, she quickly adds, "I went to Woodstock." "Cool," I reply. Again, at the checkout, I politely refuse both paper and plastic and save another 3 cents.
As I walk out with groceries in my backpack, a shirt that reminded someone of Woodstock on my back and some worn out sandles on my feet, it suddenly hit me: After 4 years at Brown, I've become a hippie. And suddenly, I felt as if I needed to jump in my car, blast some alternative rock, drive aggressively and recklessly, and kick some fuzzy animals along the way.
I shared this with Hope during bible study later that evening and she had a good laugh about it. Apparently, it's going on her blog. Maybe one day I will serendipitously find it and laugh at my silliness.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment